What ever therapy you decide on you are in expert hands.
Human touch can have a profound effect on physical and emotional well being. Massage therapy is the therapeutic use of touch, by hands, elbows or feet. Through the use of a variety of techniques a bond forms between the client and the therapist. Massage can be comforting and soothing, letting go of toxins from tissue and dispersing lactic acid. Endorphins, the body’s natural feel good factor are released from muscles during massage.
Massage Therapy can take different forms:
- Tuina, meaning “push and squeeze”, is a form of Chinese medicine, concentrating on acupressure points around the body.
- Thai massage involves yoga like stretches for improved flexibilty, with the patient sometimes on the floor. Elbows knees and feet may be used by the therapist.
- Indonesian traditional massage concentrates on improving the circulation.
- Swedish massage is common in sports clinics for relieving tension and fatigue in muscles.
- Marma massage is based upon the ayurvedic system of medicine, focussing on specific body points which relate to the internal organs.
- Reiki is the gentle introduction of energy from the therapists hands into those areas on the body which have low energy.
To make appointment or for further information or email us.
Qualifications include MSc (psychodynamics) BSc(hons)(psychology) PDCHyp MBSCH M..S.B.S.T.
So you can be sure the therapy advocated to you will be tailored to your individual needs.
Car parking is available on meters or pay and display tickets which are free after 6.30pm weekdays and 1.30pm on weekends.